As a result, you may become more effective in choosing and working with a hearing professional and experience greater satisfaction with the results.
Subjects I am happy to address include:
• Determining whether you have a hearing loss
• Sudden hearing loss
• Hearing loss prevention
• Diet and hearing loss
• Hearing aid models
• Proper hearing aid fittings
• Second opinions regarding hearing loss or hearing aid fittings
• “Invisible” hearing aids
• New hearing aid technology
• Extended wear hearing aids
• Assistive listening devices (telephone amplifiers, etc.)
• Tinnitus and hearing loss
• Profound hearing loss and deafness
• How to choose a hearing professional
• What you should expect from your hearing professional?
• When should you see an ENT first– when is it not necessary?
• Realistic expectations of hearing instruments
• Capabilities of the latest hearing aid models versus those of a few years ago
• How often should you buy hearing aids?
• What is the best hearing aid?
• Who are the best hearing aid manufacturers?
• “Budget-friendly” hearing aids versus top-of-the-line models
• Hearing aid do’s and don’ts (taking proper care of hearing aids)
This is just a partial list. Feel free to address anything with me concerning hearing loss and hearing instruments.
I look forward to your questions and comments!
Jeff Grama, MA, Audiologist